Grant success for new NF2 resource!
Can You Hear Us? C.I.C (CYHU) are thrilled to announce the success of our first grant application under The Big Lottery Fund’s ‘Awards For All’ scheme.
The Big Lottery Fund supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities across the UK. CYHU will use the funding to produce and distribute a book containing information and practical advice for people with a diagnosis of Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2). This will address the lack of support and information available for people with NF2 with the aim of improving well-being and reducing isolation.
‘Living with NF2: From Us to You’ will be written by a team of knowledgeable patients and evaluated by representatives from every NF2 medical team in the country.
The book will feature:
– an overview of NF2 and treatment methods
– information about the NF2 service in the UK and descriptions of the medical professionals involved in the MDT
– descriptions of various emotions commonly experienced following a diagnosis of NF2
– suggested ways that people can improve their well-being
– how CYHU can support people living with NF2
– how other organisations and medical professionals can support people living with NF2
Above all, ‘Living with NF2: From Us to You’ will be a vital resource ensuring that NF2 patients understand they are not alone; that there are people who can relate to their feelings.
The project aims to be completed by September 2016 with copies of the book available from all NF2 specialised centres (free of charge) and the CYHU website (postage only payable) shortly after.