NF2 Expert Patients Programme
CYHU are delighted to be offering a specialised NF2 Programme that aims to give patients the tools, skills and support they need to improve their well-being.
With the NF2 Expert Patients Programme you can:
- Develop skills and techniques to cope with daily challenges
- Gain practical solutions for day-to-day issues
- Learn about different ways to improve your wellbeing and quality of life
- Develop and implement an action plan
- Get more information about NF2, which will help you make better informed decisions
- Decide what is right for you
- Be more confident in playing a key role in managing your health
People who have taken part in similar programmes say that it has helped them to:
- Feel confident, balanced and more in control of their life
- Manage their condition and treatment together with health professionals
- Be realistic about the impact of their condition on themselves and their family
- Use their new skills and knowledge to improve their experience of living with their condition
- Meet new people who understand what it’s like to live with a long-term condition
The Programme is supported by the NHS and will be completely FREE to join with thanks to funding from Cambridge Cancer Help Centre. There will be a maximum of 12 places available, which will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis. Communication support will be provided to ensure that the Programme is accessible for people with any degree of hearing loss.
The pilot Programme taking place in Cambridge has six weekly sessions, lasting 2.5 hours and will be run on Wednesday afternoons 2pm – 4:30pm at the Cambridge Cancer Help centre, with the first session taking place on Wednesday 6th April 2016.
If you are interested in joining the Programme or if you have any questions or queries please contact CYHU firstname.lastname@example.org or speak with your NF2 Nurse Practitioner.