‘Living with NF2: From Us to You’ – Literature
Can You Hear Us? C.I.C (CYHU) are thrilled to announce the success of our first grant application under The Big Lottery Fund’s ‘Awards For All’ scheme.
The Big Lottery Fund supports the aspirations of people who want to make life better for their communities across the UK.
CYHU will use the funding to produce and distribute a book containing information and practical advice for people with a diagnosis of Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2). This will address the lack of support and information available for people with NF2 with the aim of improving well-being and reducing isolation.
‘Living with NF2: From Us to You’ will feature:
– an overview of how NF2 can affect people’s feelings
– insights into effective ways that people with NF2 can take more control of their lives
– tried-and-tested ways to improve well-being
– advice about how to support someone living with NF2
– information about how CYHU and medical professionals can support people living with NF2
– a list of other organisations that people with NF2 find helpful
Above all, the book will be a vital resource ensuring that NF2 patients understand they are not alone; that there are people who can relate to their feelings.
The project will be completed by March 2017 with copies of the book available from all NF2 specialised centres (free of charge) and the CYHU website (postage only payable) shortly after.